Thus, I recommend making an appointment with your local Social Security Office to sign up - not through the 800#.
Note: Medicare, unlike employer benefit plans, has no limit on this 20% cost sharing!
Lets meet to discuss how MediCARE Part A and B work and review how your part of treatment expenses can be covered by quality MediCARE health plans available in Connecticut.
I would like to - Ask you to:
• Link here to Chat about your questions - will call back if not available.
• Call (860) 451-9793 with questions or to schedule a no cost to you consultation.
You can gain from two types of Medicare Health Plans. - First:
- Medicare Supplements in Connecticut are available from private companies, which can pay part or all of the medical treatment expenses MediCARE does not pay.
- Supplement A has the least amount of coverage. Plan B includes more, etc. Each company offering a plan provides the same benefits but the variation in the monthly premium they charge is considerable.
- One relatively new option (Plan N) has a small deductible, a $20 co-pay for office visits, and a $50 co-pay for emergency room visits. This results in a lower monthly cost.
- Medicare Supplement plans, often called MediGap plans, are very popular with individuals who need the flexibility to receive medical treatment in different states. A recent survey found 9 out of 10 individuals, who were enrolled, reported they were happy with their coverage.
MediCARE's Part A or Part B does not pay for normal outpatient prescription medications nor do any of the Supplement plans. Thus, its important to also enroll in a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (MediCARE's Part D) which will pay part of your outpatient medication costs. Enrolling when you first sign up for Medicare is important since a penalty will be applied if a person does not have what is called credible prescription coverage.
Second- Medicare Advantage (MA). Some points on the MediCARE Part C plans:
- MA plans are available from private medical insurance companies, which have a yearly contract with MediCARE; receive a fixed monthly payment for each person who enrolls; and provide at least the same or more benefits as in original MediCARE; MA plans usually charge a monthly premium.
- Individuals receive their medical treatment through the MA companies network of providers and most also include coverage for Part D prescription expenses. This makes them a MAPD plan. Companies offering Medicare Advantage in Connecticut include more extensive preventive care.
- MA plans have co-pays for physician visits, emergency room visits, outpatient surgery, and for a certain number of days if hospitalized. This cost sharing is limited since the plan's include an annual maximum out of pocket (MOP).
- MA plans are usually more economical than buying a MediGap plan plus a Part D plan. Thus, they are of interest to many individuals.
Another way to lower the monthly cost of a Medicare Health plan and also limit your MOP is to select the High Deductible (about $2,100) option. Together with a Part D plan the result is a monthly cost, which is lower than some MA plans.
Surveys of people close to 65 tell us more than 50% are confused about Medicare and only about 10% understand Medicare's Part C! Interested in increasing your understanding? I would like to - Ask you to call (860) 451-9793 - today.
We can meet for a no cost to you conversation to talk about the value Medicare Supplements in Connecticut or
Medicare Advantage Plans in Connecticut can provide. You can also send a note to
Connecticut residents or individuals in other states can view the many comprehensive options and the monthly rate from various companies on our partner, eHealthInsurance's
easy to use site It shows individual medical coverage options, including a Health Savings Account plan, to meet your budget and interest. You can enroll on line.
Have questions on individual medical
plans? Send a note to
Special travel coverage is needed to protect the investment you made in a vacation or business trip. It includes trip cancellation or
interruption; lost baggage; medical evacuation; and more. You can review the details and the cost for a Trip
Protector plan and enroll online.
Short Term Medical plans do not cover any previous pre existing conditions but are an effective and economical approach, when protection from unexpected medical situations is only
needed for a limited period such as: